Ingredients: 1½ cups flour, 1 ½ tbsp mawa (grated), ¾ cup margarine/butter, ¾ cup powdered sugar, 5 tbsp milk powder, 2 tbsp cornflour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp soda bicarbonate, ¼ tsp green cardamom powder (elaichi), ¼ cup buttermilk, 2 tbsp milk.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease moulds or paper cups.
- Take butter and powdered sugar in a bowl and cream together with a wooden spoon till light.
- Sieve milk powder into the bowl and continue to mix.
- Add Mawa and mix again.
- Sieve in the flour, cornflour, baking powder, soda bicarbonate and green cardamom powder into the bowl and mix.
- Add buttermilk to correct the consistency.
- If the batter is still thick add a little milk and mix.
- Pour into the greased moulds, tap lightly to even the batter.
- Place them in a preheated oven and bake at 180°C for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool before demoulding.
- Serve warm or cold.
To read more English blogs, visit our blog section.