Sumangal Press Pvt. Ltd.
The KALNIRNAY® Group is India’s premier almanac maker. Since its inception in 1973, the KALNIRNAY® group has emerged as the leading almanac maker, known for creating the most authentic publications that provide up-to-date information about India’s traditional festivities, auspicious tithis and culture. According to the Audit Bureau of Circulation (India), KALNIRNAY® is the World’s Largest Selling Publication with a circulation of 1,81,87,168 copies.
- KALNIRNAY® is a yearly almanac for all religions, wherein auspicious dates, festivals and celebrations of Parsis, Jews, Muslims, Christians and others are mentioned in detail, in addition to those of Hindus.
- It has a consumer base of 1,40,00,000 households in India.
- It is available in 7 languages: English, Marathi, Hindi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada.
- It has 2 niche editions – Arogya and Swadistha, that are specially created with information on Health and Food.
- Over 35 KALNIRNAY® variants cater to a varied socio-economic audience through pocket diaries which are blended with auspicious dates and tithis, KALNIRNAY® for cars, offices, as yearly planners, as desk almanac, etc.
- Content in regional editions is related to specific customs and traditions followed therein.
- Interesting articles and important information is printed on the rear side of the data-pad. This content in each language edition is separately compiled by different research scholars and experienced editors.
Jyotirbhaskar Jayantrao Salgaonkar
Jayant Salgaonkar (1 February 1929 – 20 August 2013) was an Indian businessman and the founder of Kalnirnay.
A historian, scholar and a great writer, he only attended school up to the tenth grade. Since childhood, he had a keen interest in Jyotish. He founded Kalnirnay in 1973, selling over 1 crore copies in nine languages. Kalnirnay is a yearly almanac of all religions containing details of auspicious dates, festivals and celebrations of Farsi, Jews, Muslims, Christians, Hindu and others. He had done a combination of jyotish, information and dharmashstra. He was the pioneer of the daily Rashi Bhavishya and the daily crossword in the Marathi newspaper.
- “Jyotirbhaskar” by Sakeshwar Vidhyapeeth
- “Jyotishalankar” by Mumbai Jyotirvidyalay
- “Jyotimartand” in Pune Jyotish Sammelan
- “D.Lt.” by Maharashtra Jyotish Vidyapeeth
- “Vaidik Puraskar” at Nasik by Shivparvati Pratishthan
- “Lifetime Achievement Award” by Konkan Marathi Sahitya Parishad
- “Samarth Sant Seva Puraskar” by Samarath Seva Mandal, Sajjangad
Co-founder, Editor, Publisher
& the Managing Director
Partner and Director of Kalnirnay