Ingredients: 1 cup +5 tbsp flour or 1 ½ cup flour (Sifted twice.), 2 tbsp cornflour, 1 cup yoghurt, ¾ cup sugar, ½ tsp baking soda, 11/8 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp vanilla essence, ¼ tsp. butter essence (optional), ½ tsp Salt, 2 tbsp Water (if needed), ½ cup oil or melted butter.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line cupcake pan with paper cups.
- Cream the sugar & yoghurt until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add oil and vanilla and butter essences and mix well.
- In another bowl sieve the dry ingredients.
- Now slowly add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whip till light and fluffy.
- Add water if the mixture seems too thick.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 15 to 18 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and transfer onto a cooling rack after 10 min.
- If you want to make a cake, pour the batter into a greased 8-inch cake tin and bake for 35- 40 minutes.
- You can also add orange or lemon zest for a citrusy flavour. These cupcakes last at room temperature for 2 days. Refrigerate to make them last a week.
For more English recipes, visit our blog section.