Going to buy ready made custard? Wait!! You can easily make the custard from everyday ingredients available at home. Custard is a perfect way to add a feeling of homemade sweetness to your desserts! The feeling of eating freshly made warm custard is better than any dessert.
- 1 vanilla bean
- 500 ml milk
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 8 large egg yolks
- Seasonal fruits of your choice, chopped
- Open up the vanilla bean completely and scrape out the vanilla seeds.
- In a pot put the vanilla seeds along with 500 ml of milk, 500 ml cream, 4 tbsp sugar and let it come to a boil.
- In another bowl put egg yolks along with 2 tbsp sugar and whisk.
- Once the milk and cream mixture is boiled, strain the extra vanilla beans and keep stirring throughout.
- Add the vanilla and milk mixture one ladle at a time into the beaten eggs while continuing to whisk the eggs.
- Repeat till the vanilla and milk mixture is finished.
- Transfer all the egg mixture into the pot and keep stirring while it’s on the flame until it becomes thick and golden.
To Serve: In a bowl or a glass, place the chopped fruits and pour the custard and serve.
[…] fruit can be consumed at breakfast, lunch or dinner, even as dessert. “Watermelon is a perfect addition to a salad, salsa or cold drink. Topping chunks of sweet […]