[blogpostmessage title=”Paknirnay 2019″ buttontext=”Visit Now” link=”https://www.kalnirnay.com/paknirnay/”]Click Here to Participate in the Paknirnay 2019 Recipe Contest and Win Exciting Prizes.[/blogpostmessage]
To make Vegetable au Gratin –
- 400 gms diced mixed vegetables — carrots, beans, cauliflower, diced
- 500 ml Milk
- ½ tbsp butter
- 1 tsp wheat flour
- ½ tsp mixed Italian dried herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp or more chilli flakes (optional)
- A pinch of nutmeg
- ½ tbsp bread crumbs
- 50 gms or 2 cubes of cheese
- Lightly steam the vegetables in salt water (about a minute or so).
- Take care not to over boil them, the veggies should have a crunch.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat butter in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Take the pan off the stove and add milk, a little bit at a time, to avoid lumps.
- Mix well, until it becomes a smooth sauce.
- Put the pan back on the stove and allow it to simmer on a low flame for about 15-20 minutes.
- The sauce should be thick and creamy. Turn the stove off.
- Add the veggies, nutmeg, herbs, salt, and pepper and mix well. Allow it to cool.
- Ladle the mixture into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle grated cheese and breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees centigrade on the grill mode for 10-15 minutes or till the cheese has melted and browned.
- Serve hot with garlic bread.