Choco Chip Cookies
Ingredients: 90gms unsalted butter at room temperature, 60 gms castor sugar, 60 gms brown sugar, 1 egg, ½ tsp vanilla essence, ½ tsp salt, 160 gms maida, ½ tsp baking powder, 220 gms Chocolate chip, Vegetable oil for greasing.
- Whisk together butter, castor sugar and brown sugar till light and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs and add vanilla essence together and gradually whisk it into the butter-sugar mixture.
- Mix the dry ingredients (baking powder + flour) in a bowl and sieve. Fold the dry ingredients into butter, sugar mixture until well combined. Fold in Chocolate chips.
- On a pre-lined tray, flatten the cookie dough, cling wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Remove batter from the fridge. Grease your palms with oil. Roll the mixture into balls of approximately 50 grams each.
- Place a lined baking tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 1700 C for 10-13 minutes.
- The cookies will feel soft as they come out of the oven. But they will continue to cook as they cool.
For more English recipes, visit our blog section.