Eggless Fatless Mango Exotica Tea Cake
Ingredients: 1 cup Alphonso mango puree, 1 cup curd, 1 cup milk, ½ cup oil, 1 cup castor sugar, 1 cup maida, 1 cup semolina, fine (Baarik Rava), 1 cup desiccated coconut, 1 tbsp baking soda, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp cardamom powder, ½ cup almonds and pistachios, chopped.
- Preheat oven 180°C for 10 min. Line a cake pan with butter paper.
- Sieve maida, baking soda and salt.
- Keep all the wet ingredients at room temperature.
- Add sugar to curd and then add milk and oil gradually till the sugar is dissolved.
- Add mango puree and coconut.
- Add the flour to the wet mixture in 3 parts mixing very gently. Add the cardamom powder.
- Pour batter into the ready cake pan.
- Tap 3 times on a flat surface to release any air bubbles.
- Garnish with chopped dry fruits. You can add chocolate chip (opt). Or cashews.
- Bake at 150oC for 50 min until the skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 min before unmoulding or simply enjoy as a tea cake.
To read more English recipes, visit our blog section.
– Bimba Nayak