To make 16 small pieces of Whole wheat brownies (Eggless) –
- 45 gms cocoa powder
- 98 gms whole wheat flour (chakki atta)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75 gms butter melted
- 225 gms raw sugar
- 115 gms thick yoghurt(dahi)
- Topping – 50 gms mixed nuts(almond, walnut, cashew) and chocolate chip.
- Sieve and measure cocoa powder and keep aside.
- Measure the rest of the dry ingredients and keep aside.
- Bear the butter (melted but at room temperature) and sugar in the bowl.
- Add cocoa powder and beat until smooth.
- Add dahi and mix lightly. (take care, not to over mix)
- Mix rest of the wet and dry ingredients slowly.
- Pour this mixture in a baking pan lined with aluminium foil/butter paper.
- Sprinkle the nut mixture on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 180 degrees centigrade in a pre-heated oven.
- Insert a tooth-pick in the centre, if it comes out clean, your brownies are done.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack or refrigerate for a few hours before cutting.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with coffee or with your favourite ice cream.
Note: These brownies can be stored in the refrigerator for a week.