How to make Millet waffle –
To make 6 medium waffles
- 140 gms jowar or sorghum flour
- 30 gms cornflour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp rock salt
- A pinch of vanilla powder/essence (optional)
- 30 gms raw sugar
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil or butter and a little more for greasing.
- Measure and mix all the ingredients well.
- Allow the batter to sit at room temperature for 15-20 mins.
- Pre-heat your waffle maker.
- Pour the waffle batter on greased waffle maker.
- Allow it to cook until crisp or done depending on your liking.
- Serve warm with your favourite topping.
- You can refrigerate the leftover waffle batter in a closed container for 2-3 days and reuse to make waffles.
– Megha Deokule | Kalnirnay utility calmanac 2018