To make Millet curd rice –
- 1 cup cooked millet* (Jowar, Bajra, vari or Nachni grains)
- ½ cup Dahi
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1tsp oil
- 6-7 whole cashew nuts
- ½ tsp black mustard seeds
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 1 pinch Hing (optional)
- 2 tbsp onions finely chopped
For the Garnish:
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Mix the Dahi, cooked millet, salt, and sugar in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan and lightly fry the mustard seeds, cashew nuts and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions and sauté till translucent.
- Add this to the millet mixture and garnish with chopped chillies, coriander leaves, and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature with a pickle.
*Note: Soak unrefined grains for 30 minutes before cooking. This helps the grains cook faster and aids digestion. You can use 2 cups water for 1 cup millet (same as rice) and pressure cook it.