Rich Date Walnut & Chocolate Chip Cake
Ingredients: 200 gms condensed milk, ¾ cup or 150 gms butter, 1 cup or 100 gms flour, ½ cup water, 1 pinch salt, ½ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp vanilla essence, 50 gms dates, 25 gms dark chocolate chips, 25 gms walnut, chopped coarsely.
• Add the chopped dates to ¼ cup of water and microwave it for 30 seconds. Keep aside to cool.
• Sieve the flour with salt and baking powder.
• Beat the butter on medium speed then add milkmaid and remaining water and beat it well.
• Add flour and essence beat at medium speed.
• Finally add the dates and walnuts and beat it for a minute.
• Pour the batter into a greased mold and sprinkle chocolate chips.
• Bake it at 180°C for 30 to 35 min.
• To check, insert a skewer or a knife. If it comes out clean your cake is done.
For more English recipes, visit our blog section.