What is your line-up for a busy morning? Waking up early, finishing daily chores and getting ready for the office. But, you are forgetting the most important thing, i.e. breakfast.
Breakfast – breaking the fast. Your body responds to not eating for hours and hours by slowing down its metabolic rate. By eating breakfast, you wake up your metabolism and get your engine humming, burning those calories you need to burn to lose weight. Breakfast can make or break a diet because without eating breakfast, you’re more vulnerable to cravings and less likely to make a healthy choice in the morning and throughout the day – that’s a disaster – whether you’re on a diet or just eating for good health.
Part & Parcel of Healthy Breakfast
- Egg white
- Whole-grain toast
- Skimmed milk
- Whole grain bread
- Flax seeds
Breakfast helps to set the tone for the rest of the day. If you’re one of those people who think skipping breakfast is a good way to lose weight then think again. Breakfast is a good source of energy to replenish the blood glucose levels, which is the main energy source to our brain. We should not be misled by the false idea that missing breakfast can lead to weight loss because nutrient intake during the rest of the day tends not to compensate for skipping breakfast. No evidence has ever shown such a relationship. In fact, studies show the opposite is true. A healthy breakfast would be a combination of all the nutrients.
Big Breakfast Diet
- Protein-rich breakfast significantly improves appetite control and reduces unhealthy snacking on high fat or high sugar in the evening.
- 2 egg whites
- A bowl of sprouts
- You can also consume protein via 100 per cent whole-grain toast, and when you do, don’t top it with just a tiny smear of peanut or almond butter.
- A glass of skimmed milk along with oats or muesli
- A bowl of yoghurt with fruits
- There should always be more fibre than sugar in your breakfast; more fibre will keep you fuller longer.
- Whole grain bread
- Flax seeds
- Flavonoids are antioxidants which fight the ageing process
- Sources of flavonoids are green tea, apples, peaches, pear, berries
- Green tea can always be part of your breakfast as it has got a lot of health benefits and also help in the reduction of body fat.
- A meal with no fat sound like we can eat nothing.
Let’s look at the supposed healthy breakfast of non-fat:
- Greek yoghurt
- High-fibre cereal and berries
- A whole grain sandwich with nut butter
- Oats added with some nuts like almonds or walnuts or flax seeds, so as healthy fatty acids can be included in breakfast.
Breakfast is necessary if you are trying to lose weight or if you do yoga or cardio in the morning or if you have your lunch late or if you look forward to a healthy day. It appears to play a positive role in improving concentration and boosting memory. breakfast consumers are less likely to have clinic visits for minor headaches, stomachache, dizziness or acidity. Always start your day with a healthy breakfast for a healthy life. Enjoy the most important meal of your day just for yourself.
Give your body the right food and it will do right things…