Ingredients: 200 gms sugar, 50 gms sugar for Syrup, 1½ tbsp vanilla, 1 cup plain flour, 1 tbsp baking powder, 115 gms butter, 2 eggs, ½ cup milk, ¾ cup desiccated coconut.
- For the syrup. Bring 50 gms sugar and 100 ml water to boil.
- Add ¼ tsp vanilla and keep aside.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and remaining vanilla beat till light and fluffy.
- Mix in flour and milk by alternating between the two.
- Add ¾ cup desiccated coconut and stir.
- Bake for about 35 – 40 minutes till done.
- Cool for 5 minutes and invert and add cooled syrup over the hot cake evenly.
- Cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar and garnish with desiccated coconut.
For more English recipes, visit our blog section.