This is a classic yet simple brunch dish with a unique combination of banana and strawberry. This stuffed French toast is a delicious recipe and worth giving a try.
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- 4 slices bread
- 1 banana sliced
- ¼ cup sliced strawberries
- 1 egg, ½ cup milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp butter
- Mix cream cheese, icing sugar and cinnamon powder together.
- Spread evenly on two slices of bread.
- Place the sliced banana and strawberries and top with the remaining slices of bread. Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla in a bowl.
- On a pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Dip sandwiches in the egg mixture; cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden.
- Dust with some icing sugar.
(From Kalnirnay Swadishta January 2017)