- 1½ cup sugar
- 1½ stick butter (melted)
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ¾ cups maida
- 2 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line two 12-cup muffin tins with liners. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, melted butter, bananas and eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until the batter is evenly moistened.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for about 28 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the muffins, comes out clean.
- Allow them to cool before serving.
(From Kalnirnay Swadishta January 2017)