Ragi Nankhatai with Marvos
Ingredients: 130 gms ragi flour, 30 gms flour, 5 gms wheat flour, 110 gms powdered sugar, 125 gms Marvo”, tsp cardamom powder, 2 tsp nutmeg powder, ½ tsp baking powder
• Preheat the oven to 160°C.
• Beat Marvo while adding sugar slowly. Beat until it reaches a light and fluffy texture.
• Add flour, ragi flour, wheat flour, baking powder, nutmeg powder, and cardamom powder.
• Mix well with a light hand to make a dough.
• Make small size balls & place them in a baking tray at an equal distance
• Bake for 30 minutes until firm.
* Marvo is a special shortening /fat used for baking biscuits. It gives them a crunchy texture. You could replace it with butter or margarine.
For more English recipes, visit our blog section
– Bimba Nayak